Marine insurance is a required insurance for marine cargo transportation insurance.
Marine insurance is a required insurance for marine cargo transportation insurance. international freight forwarders There are two types of basic insurance: general cargo insurance and special cargo insurance. General cargo insurance is connected with safety insurance, water pollution insurance and all risks.
Maritime risks include natural disasters and accidents. Natural disasters refer only to severe weather, thunder and lightning, floods, drift ice, earthquakes, tsunamis and other irresistible disasters.
Accidents mainly include major accidents with obvious marine characteristics; external risks refer to various risks other than marine risks, divided into general external risks and special external risks: general external risks refer to theft, breaking, leakage, and contamination. Moisture and heat, odor, corrosion, hook damage, short amount, fresh water rain, etc.
Special external risks mainly refer to the risks caused by military, political and administrative laws and other reasons, which cause loss of goods. Such as war, strike, delivery failure, rejection, etc.
Insurance premium = insurance amount * insurance rate
Insurance amount = CIF price * Invoice bonus rate (usually a 10% bonus) = CIF price * 110%
1. In the absence of special regulations, it is generally 110% of the CIF price, and special does not exceed 120% of the CIF price.
2. According to international practice, there are three types of marine insurance clauses: ICC (A/B/C), which are British Insurance Association clauses; domestic companies generally also use CIC clauses, which are China's own terms.
3. The factors of fixed insurance rates are as follows: types of goods, voyages, packaging, terms used, insured amount, policy model and liability limit; each item will affect the rate.
4. Generally, there are three types of insurance modes: separate orders, that is, only a single shipment of goods insured; monthly orders, according to the agreed insurance rate to declare the insurance monthly, if there is no declaration, no premium will be charged; annual orders, based on the year At the settlement time, about 75% of the estimated premium is paid in advance, with no refund or supplement. For the above three methods, the rates will be reduced sequentially.
1. The principle based on marine insurance contracts. After a marine accident occurs, whether it falls within the scope of insurance liability, whether it is within the insurance period, the amount of insurance compensation, the determination of the deductible, the insured’s own responsibility, etc. are all responsibilities determined in accordance with the insurance contract.
2. The principle of reasonableness. When marine insurers deal with insurance compensation, they must take the insurance contract as the basis and pay attention to the principle of reasonableness, because the terms of the marine insurance contract cannot cover all situations.
3. The principle of timeliness. The main function of marine insurance is to provide financial compensation. After an insured accident occurs, the insurer shall promptly investigate, inspect, determine the damage, and deliver the insurance compensation to the insured in time.
1. Notice of loss. In the event of an insured accident or loss within the scope of insurance liability, the insured shall immediately notify the insurer. Notice of loss is the first procedure for insurance claims. In ship insurance, if the accident is abroad, the nearest insurance agent should also be notified.
2. Survey and inspection. The insurer or its agent shall immediately carry out the investigation and inspection of the insured loss after being notified of the loss. There are two main steps:
1) Joint inspection of ports. When cargo damage is discovered after the cargo arrives at the port of destination, the consignee shall promptly notify the insurance company, apply to the commodity inspection department for joint inspection, jointly find out the cause of the damage, the quantity and extent of the damage, and prepare the port joint inspection report or record.
2) Joint inspection in different places. When the freight is transferred to the inland consignee, regardless of whether the cargo is unloaded at the port, damage is found, as long as the cargo arrives at the destination and there is a shortage of damage within the scope of insurance liability, the consignee can conduct a joint inspection through the local insurance company and prepare Joint inspection report. After passing the inspection of the goods, the claim adjuster shall determine the attribution of the responsibility for the damage to the goods accordingly.
The "original disability" of the goods is the responsibility of the consignor, which belongs to the non-risk liability of the insurance clause, and the insurer is not responsible for compensation. Losses caused by "boat disability", "work disability" or other external reasons, as long as they occur during the underwriting period are all insured liabilities, and the insurer shall compensate.
When applying for inspection to the insurer or its designated inspection agent, the inspection applicant shall provide the necessary documents to fill in the following contents: application inspection form, ocean bill of lading, cargo invoice, maritime report, insurance document, packing list, tally, The weight list of the goods, etc.
3. Verify the insurance case.
4. Analyze the claims and determine the responsibilities. The insurer should determine whether the cause is the insurance liability, whether it occurred within the insurance period, whether the claimant has insurable interests, and the relevant documents reviewed, such as insurance documents, accident inspection reports, insurance accident certificates, rescue and repair of the insurance subject, etc. Aspect documents.
5. Calculate the compensation amount and pay the insurance compensation. The calculation of insurance compensation, the insurer usually bases on the Statement of Claim. The calculation of insurance compensation can be carried out by the insurer itself, or by its agent or commissioned by an average claims adjuster.
In the negotiation, when the export requirements are clear, the im ...
The transport process jointly completed by two or more means of tr ...
International shipments of goods, especially in the maritime secto ...
Generally, when exporting, the main concerns of enterprises in the ...
At the end of 2020, we're glad to inform the First Global Logistic ...